This website was developed in early 2013 with direct funding from Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC), Warwickshire County Council, Coventry & Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership and the Renewable Energy Technology Alliance (RETA).
Its aim is to help local residents make informed decisions about domestic energy efficiency measures and was supported by a £1m investment in addressing fuel poverty for those most in need including those in more rural locations.
The website is unique in bringing together:
- Local information and advice
- A calculator to assess the cost and potential savings for appropriate improvement measures
- Case studies of local homes where the measures have been carried out
- Local reliable contractors who can deliver the improvements for you
- The option for your home to be added to the list of case studies
- Feedback on how well the contractors performed
We have achieved this by working with our extensive local supply chain to establish average local prices for typical installations rather than relying on assumed national average figures. In this way we hope that the results provided give a realistic idea of the cost effectiveness of each improvement measure.
www.energysavinghomes.org.uk is registered with our local energy advice provider Act on Energy who has provided much of the content and will manage the website.
We hope you find the website useful and would welcome any feedback.