Privacy and Data Protection Statement
Department of Energy and Climate Change (“DECC”) is registered with the Information Commissioner‘s Office and is the Data Controller for this website. DECC will not collect “personal data” other than to administer the membership and feedback section of this website. DECC will not pass any personal data gathered in relation to this website to anyone other than those who either process that information on DECC’s behalf (for example, Act on Energy is a Data Processor for this website), or because of a legal requirement, and DECC will only do so, where possible, after it has ensured that sufficient steps have been taken to protect the personal data by the recipient.
No further contact will be made to anyone who accesses the site without their express authorisation (or to comply with the law).
The system will only record personal information if you:
- subscribe to or apply for services that require personal information
- report a fault and give your contact details for us to respond
- contact us and leave your details for us to respond
If you post a review on this website then you consent to your name being published with your review.
We may process your information overseas using web services that are hosted outside the European Economic Area, but only with data processing arrangements that meet the relevant obligations under the Data Protection Act.
- A cookie is generated by the Energy Saving Homes website and exists only for the duration of the visit. It is an essential underlying part of the technology (ASP.NET). This cookie is called “ASP.NET_SessionId” and the website will not function correctly without it.
- A cookie is generated by Google Analytics to track visitor interactions with the Energy Saving Homes website. The cookie is used to collect and store information anonymously, such as the time the visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the website before and what website referred the visitor to the web page. Google Analytics helps Energy Saving Homes understand how visitors interact with the website so it can be improved. This cookie is called any of: _utma, _utmb,_utmc,_utmz.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. The file names of our cookies are given above (but other web sites may use the same or similar file names and Act on Energy shall not be liable to you if you delete any cookie in error).
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas of features of our site.
You have the right to request that Act on Energy stop processing your personal data. Where possible we will seek to comply with your request but we may be required to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
You are legally entitled to request access to any information about you that Act on Energy holds, and a copy.
We try to ensure that any information we hold about you is correct. There may be situations where you find the information we hold is no longer accurate and you have the right to have this corrected.
Please contact Act on Energy to exercise any of these rights, or if you have a complaint about how your information has been used.
About Act on Energy
Act on Energy is a founder partner in the development of this website and manages it on behalf of the other partners (Warwickshire County Council, E-on, Renewable Energy Technology Alliance (RETA) and Green Energy Networks).
Act on Energy works with local communities in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Coventry and Solihull to encourage improved energy efficiency in homes, support renewable energy technologies and assist in the relief of fuel poverty.
Act on Energy is a registered charity (reg. no. 1075679) and a company limited by guarantee (company number 3621022). Our registered office is 29 Wellesbourne House, Walton Road, Wellesbourne, Warwickshire, CV35 9JB.